Primary Care Sports Medicine Medical Director
Primary Care Sports Medicine Medical Director opportunity in Springfield, Massachusetts.
Trinity Health Of New England Medical Group—the region’s largest nonprofit health system—seeks a BC/BE Primary Care Sports Medicine Physician to join our team at Mercy Medical Center in Springfield, Massachusetts as our Medical Director.
- MD/DO Degree from an accredited medical school
- BC/BE in a primary care specialty: Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, Pediatrics or in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Completion of an ACGME accredited sports medicine fellowship program
- Certification of Added Qualifications in Sports Medicine
- Possession of or eligibility for a Massachusetts state license to practice medicine
- Experience as a team physician at the high school, collegiate, or professional level
- At least 5 years of experience in the practice of sports medicine
- Demonstration of scholarly activity in the area of sports medicine
- Demonstrated competence in diagnostic ultrasound and the performance of ultrasound guided procedures
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- History of holding a leadership role in the field of sports medicine
TIME ALLOCATION OF JOB DUTIES
- 60%: Clinical office practice
- 20%: Sports team physician coverage and training room care of athletes - Schools to be determined
- 20%: Sports Medicine Program Initiatives. Trinity Health Medical Group marketing of Sports medicine services/orthopedic service line, coordination with local athletic trainers, school athletic directors and physical therapists. Serving as a sports medicine resource for the family medicine and Internal Medicine Practices
Practicing in the Springfield, Massachusetts metro area puts you in the heart of New England. This small city environment of 700,000 residents offers a tremendous selection of welcoming neighborhoods in which to live, excellent public and private schools and colleges, great restaurants, shopping, music, museums and historical areas. The central New England location puts you within a commutable distance from Hartford, Connecticut and in close proximity to New York City and Boston with easy access to dependable air and rail services.
As part of Trinity Health Of New England—the region’s largest nonprofit health system—you will experience a culture of provider collaboration. Our practice model empowers providers to work at their highest level, while allowing time for professional development and family life. If you are focused on providing outstanding patient-centered care, you will thrive within Trinity Health Of New England Medical Group.Apply now
EEO-AA-M/F/D/V | Pre-employment drug screening