Pediatric Hospitalist (Newborns)
We put YOU FIRST because you put patients first.
Newborn Pediatrician - Neonatal Hospitalist in Springfield Massachusetts with Trinity Health of New England.
Our stellar newborn hospitalist program within Trinity Health of New England is seeking a full-time Pediatrician - Neonatal Hospitalist physician to join our team of 3 experienced longstanding newborn hospitalists and several experienced APPs to cover The Family Life Center at Mercy Medical Center in Springfield, Massachusetts.
Mercy Medical Center is a 200-bed community hospital. The Family Life Center is a 16 bed Level I maternity unit and newborn nursery (about 1000 deliveries/year).
You’ll be required to:
- Participate in coverage that is 24/7 in house. (Shifts can be flexible including, day, evening/night and weekends.)
- Conduct daily rounds (3-12 newborns)
- Attend deliveries to evaluate and stabilize newborns.
- Consult on pediatric ER patients, rarely on pediatric surgical patients and rehabilitation hospital patients.
- Perform neonatal resuscitation and stabilization such as endotracheal intubation, IV placement and umbilical line placement with expertise, confidence, and ease.
- Have a MA physician license.
- Working on a very close knit unit with excellent collaboration and communication with our OB/midwife in- house staff and nursing staff known to provide outstanding medical care in a pleasant, caring, and personal environment!
- Excellent support from our referral neonatologists.
- A competitive compensation and benefits package!
- Living and playing within welcoming neighborhoods with excellent schools, great restaurants, shopping, music, museums, historical areas, skiing, hiking, and more.
- Commuting easily to New York City, Boston and other destinations with nearby dependable air and rail services.
As part of Trinity Health Of New England—the region’s largest nonprofit health system—you will experience a culture of provider collaboration. Our practice model empowers providers to work at their highest level, while allowing time for professional development and family life. If you are focused on providing outstanding patient-centered care, you will thrive within Trinity Health Of New England Medical Group.
EEO-AA-M/F/D/V | Pre-employment drug screening