Neurology Advanced Practitioner
We put YOU FIRST because you put patients first.
Neurology Advanced Practitioner opportunity in Hartford, Connecticut.
The Trinity Health of New England Medical Group seeks a full-time APRN / Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant to join our Neurology Interventional Pain Management team at Saint Francis Hospital and Medical Center, Hartford, Connecticut.
- Join an established, cohesive group of nine physicians and two advanced practitioners who provide interventional pain management services in a fast-paced outpatient setting. Within the larger neurology department, you would be working mostly with the interventional pain neurologist and a team of RN, medical assistants, and surgical scheduler.
- Achieve a better work/life balance with a Monday-Friday schedule that requires no on-call responsibilityhospital or telephone call obligations..
- Enjoy a team-based and patient-oriented culture that provides excellent training and mentorship.
- The successful candidate is expected to demonstrate a high standard of moral and ethical behavior, professionalism, compassion, and commitment to patient care.
- The successful candidate should be a n experienced and CT licensed Advanced Practice Registered (APRN) Nurse or Physician Assistant (PA).
- Experience in interventional procedures for pain management or experience in orthopedics, anesthesia, or surgical subspecialties is preferred but not an absolute requirementrequired. Recent graduates interested in neurology or /pain management will also be considered.
- Live and play within welcoming neighborhoods with excellent schools, great restaurants, shopping, music, museums, and historical areas.
- Commute easily to NYC, Boston, and other destinations with nearby dependable air and rail services.
The candidate responsibilities will include:
- Diagnose and treat chronic pain patients under the supervision of our interventional pain neurologist
- Provide high-quality patient care as part of a healthcare team
- Develop and implement a patient management plan
- Communicate and collaborate with the physician and team regarding patient care
- Perform a focused physical exam for neurology and chronic pain patients
- Prescribe all necessary medications and treatments (non-opioid medications)
- At times, may administer trigger point injections and IV migraine medications
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills and ability to build rapport with patients
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with high volume of patients and procedures
- Attention to detail and emphasis on superior quality of patient care
- Willingness to continue to gain knowledge and clinical experience
- Efficient time management and ability to multi-task
As part of Trinity Health of New England—the region’s largest nonprofit health system—you will experience a culture of provider collaboration. Our practice model empowers providers to work at their highest level while allowing time for professional development and family life. If you are focused on providing outstanding patient-centered care, you will thrive within the Trinity Health of New England Medical Group.Apply now
EEO-AA-M/F/D/V | Pre-employment drug screening